1101 - 115 Fulford-ganges Rd
Salt Spring Island
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Salt Spring Island
Nature lovers retreat within walking distance to town. Location.Location.Location. Have it all. Enjoy all Ganges has to offer; amenities, shops, bistros, dining, entertainment & Saturday Market with no hassles. Prime location within walking distance to town & Sailing Club. Enjoy the sunrise & ocean views from the newer cedar porch & primary rooms of the home. This peaceful & private .66 acres has parked out o...
OCEANFRONT ACREAGE! First time this parcel of land has come up for sale on Salt Spring Island. Rare oceanfront acreage opportunity! Just over 3 acres of peaceful, private medium-bank waterfront. 7 minutes from town. Watch spectacular sunsets between Mt. Prevost and Copper Canyon on Vancouver Island. Be entertained by the wildlife activity; sea-lions, sea otters, cormorants, eagles & herons. Your very own LIVE...
A 7 minute pleasant drive along Beddis Road lined by stately trees, past quaint farms and pastures is this gem of a property! Charming home and cottage (self contained) on .92 acres within walking distance of Beddis Beach. Located in a quiet neighbourhood, on a no-through road. Ideal for a family or weekend get-away. Enjoy the sounds of nature and watch the ever changing ocean views with the passing ferries a...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Fiona and her family have been a part of the Salt Spring Community since 1980. Fiona became licensed Realtor in 2002 and has over 35 years of experience in sales and management as well as a long history of working as an innovative entrepreneurial. Her years of cumulative experience and expertise makes her a unique and dynamic Relator. She listens to what a client's needs are and works together with the client to create an informed and comfortable home-buying or selling experience. When you meet Fiona, you'll find her to be a down-to-earth, very personable and reliable professional dedicated to the field of Real Estate on Salt Spring Island.
Fiona and her husband raised their family on their farm on Salt Spring Island, and she spent successful years in the Gulf Islands Real Estate Industry. Once the children left home, they moved abroad for 5 adventurous years to the United Arab Emirates. They have since returned to Canada settling once again on Sweetwater farm, and Fiona returning to her former brokerage Pemberton Holmes Salt Spring Island.